Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My website

Yeah! I am finally on the web. I'm excited to google my name and see www.erinapelu.com to come up! I have a lot of work to do on my website,but at least it is finally up and going. It has been way to long since I have updated my blog. I wrote "Off the Edge" in three weeks during April. Then I sent it off to a few friends to read--all different age's and genre of women (all liked it). After that, my friend, Emily Bradshaw, went through and edited my manuscript. I got it back and started working on it last week. I went from 95,000 words, and deleted 4,000 then added another 17,000 words! Crazy. So now my manuscript has roughly 108,000 words, about 450 book pages. Yikes!! I know it's hard for a first-time writer to get anything over 100,000 words published. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!! I can't cut it back, Eden and Noa deserve to have their whole story told. Of course, I left it open for book two. Writing this novel was amazing. I love, love, love to write. It is so theraputic. I am excited to start writing more, once school starts in 2 weeks. I have ideas for four other books, nothing to do with "Off the Edge". This week I am working on my query letter and sending it, along with the first chapter ten agents. If all ten reject me, I will move on to the next, and the next. I will keep you posted!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay.. seriously excited for you.. cant wait to see it out in the market and think, "wow I know her!" Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one day...but it might take awhile. Patience is a virtue.

    ReplyDelete