Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day at the Primary Childrens Hospital


Aloha!
It was 7:30PM Saturday after the LDStorymakers conference, I got a frantic phone call from Darnel's friend, Isaac, to come and get Darnel because he was sick. Fa'a and I rushed to pick him up and knew instantly that he was sick. We took him to Intermountain Medical Center and they put him in a room right away. After checkinghim over, the Dr. informed us that she was concened Darnel had Meningitis. They attempted a spinal tap (Lumbar Puncher) three times until finally taking him down for the Radiologist to perform it under an x-ray. The results were back two hours later and it was official--signs of Meningitis (most likely viral). They sent us straight up to Primary Childrens Hospital. We checked in, got Darnel settled and Fa'a headed home to sleep. I finally shut my eyes at 3:45am.
The next morning (7:30am) eight Dr's came into exam Darnel. They said we had caught it on time and he was doing well with the anitbiotic (they gave him antibiotics incase the test came back positive for BACTERIAL Meningitis). By 2:00pm we checked him out and headed home, keeping an eye for any return of symptoms).
I was able to spend the evening with all my children and husband. I missed Dylan and Aryana sining to me in Sacrament Meeting, but they sung it for me when they went to bed.
I often ask myself...Is this for real? No way can anyone's life really be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment