Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dreaming of the Islands

After days of ominous clouds lingering, the sun if finally out. Salt Lake City has seemed more like Seattle than it's usual sunny spring weather. There's not a lot to complain about, everything is green, and the rain has done a great job at masking where my sweets dogs urine spots would've shown up by now. There's always a positive somewhere.

This week the Channel 2 morning news has been highlighting the Polynesian Cultural Center, making me homesick for the islands. They've been streaming live, and with the time zone change it's 4am in Laie.  I'm rather proud of myself. After moving fifteen months ago, I've done a great job of masking the pain of moving from the place I love so much. I'm an out-of-sight-out-of-mind girl. I have to admit, I felt a pain in my stomach when I heard Chevron (the only gas station in town) started on fire yesterday during a power outage. Chevron and I became very close in the eight years I lived there:  me--Ahhh, Pepsi. Chevron--yes, thank you for your $1.06 (thank goodness refills are much cheaper in Utah :) ).  This is one relationship that will always have a special place in my heart. 

Below is my sweet husband, Fa'a, with me at Sunset Beach (obviously during sunset) a few weeks before me moved back to Utah.  Note the puffy face (which seems to be my MO lately) because of the yucky steroids the doctor put me on after a Multiple Sclerosis attack that paralyzed my left leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment